Friday, March 19, 2010

WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS MEAN?

(This correspondence between me and my congressman was made in October 2009)


Dear Ms. Murphy:

Thank you for getting in touch with me to express your views. As a member of Congress, knowing your thoughts helps me to better represent all my fellow Tennesseans here in Washington.

As the House of Representatives addresses a wide range of issues in the 111th Congress, I want to convey to you how much I appreciate your involvement and participation and I will certainly keep your sentiments in mind. In Congress, I work very hard to promote legislation and policies that will improve the quality of life for all Tennesseans as I support initiatives to help create jobs, improve educational opportunities for our children, and preserve the national security, health and well-being of all American citizens. I hope you will continue to contact me to express your views on the many issues facing our nation and the U.S. Congress.

If you need additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me or my office. I look forward to hearing from you again in the future.

Sincerely,

Jim Cooper
Member of Congress
________________

That was the letter in response to mine, which I sent to the two Senators and Congressman of Tennessee. Here is my letter:

Dear Senator Johnson,

My name is Jill Byrne Murphy. I live with my little girl in Bellevue, TN. I have never written a letter like this before (except in 3rd grade, when I wrote President Carter about the killing of baby seals). I am very strongly against the "Copenhagen Climate Treaty" Obama is planning to sign! I am afraid of what is happening to our Wonderful, Free Country!!! Please do whatever you can to deter President Obama from signing this treaty in December! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

We need our freedom! THE CONSTITUTION MUST REMAIN THE SAME!


Thank You very much.
Sincerely, Jill Byrne Murphy

my home phone was here
my cell phone was here
my street address was here
Nashville, TN 37221
_______________

My Congressman says, he will "certainly" keep my sentiments "in mind". But, he doesn't acknowledge what the sentiments are that I expressed! I am aware that the government has many, many responsibilities and are busy trying to get to everything (blah, blah, blah). This letter is a generic form letter and I am curious if he will actually take in mind my concern over the "Copenhagen Climate Treaty"? Will he actually read my letter in time ...BEFORE December???

Hopefully many more people will write to their Senators and Congressmen/women and give us a chance to keep our freedom!



(Posted on FB Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 11:48am)

No comments:

Post a Comment