Thursday, April 1, 2010

I have been wanting to get in touch with my Byrne cousins here on FB!... But! Now, I am getting this warning...

BUT, now that I have requested about 30-40 FB friendships (from some of the hundreds of other BYRNEs), Facebook is giving me this warning when I click on "Add as Friend":
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Warning! You are engaging in behavior that may be considered annoying or abusive by other users.

Sometimes people get these warnings for simply misusing one of our features.

Which of the following links describes what you were trying to do? Clicking on a link will take you to more information on how to use Facebook's features.

Using Applications
Networking/meeting new people
Connecting with Classmates/Friends
Promoting a business, product or service

Further misuse of site features may result in a temporary block or your account being permanently disabled."
---------------------------------------------------------------

WT...??????

-------------

So, if you could help me, PLEASE suggest other cousins to add me as their friend! I am greatly appreciative! ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶



(Posted on FB Sunday, May 10, 2009 at 1:14pm)


◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
FB Comments

Amy T.-S.: Jill, are you on FamilyLink via Facebook? Once you link to relatives, it helps you find others who may be related. That might be good to try.

Jill Byrne Murphy: What is the Familylink via Facebook? I just sorted out all of my Byrne cousins into my "Family" FB friends classification!

Rich M.: Gabriel Byrne must think you're stalking him. You and me always seem to get the stoopid warnings. At least they're aren't that many mullinaxes on fb.

Jill Byrne Murphy: Rich, you will never be too funny! If Gabriel Byrne ever sees this, I hope he contacts me! I want to meet him, too! =)

Amy T.-S.: It's another application that links your "relatives" and branches out to their relatives to see if you're also related. On your main "friends" page, you'll see a small rectangle. You can click on this to label how you know each friend. I think once you categorize your friends and they confirm your relationship, you'll be able to actively use FamilyLink.

No comments:

Post a Comment