Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mom's: How many times a day do you find yourself using one of these expressions?

A little "birdy" told me!

♦ All I do is follow you around, picking up after you like some maid.

♦ Am I talking to a brick wall?

♦ Are you deaf or something?

♦ Are you lying to me?

♦ As long as you live under my roof, you'll do as I say.

♦ Beds are NOT made for jumping on.

♦ Call me when you get there, just so I know you're okay.

♦ Close the door! You don't live in a barn.

♦ Did you brush your teeth?

♦ Did you comb your hair?

♦ Do as I say, not as I do.

♦ Do you think I'm made of money?

♦ Do you think your socks are going to pick themselves up?

♦ Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

♦ Don't eat that, you'll get worms!

♦ Don't go out with a wet head, you'll catch cold.

♦ Don't make me get up!

♦ Don't pick that scab, it'll get infected.

♦ Don't pick your nose in public.

♦ Don't run in the house.

♦ Don't sit too close to the television, it'll ruin your eyes.

♦ Don't talk with your mouth full!

♦ Don't walk away when I'm talking to you!

♦ Eat your vegetables, they're good for you.

♦ Enough is enough!

♦ Go play outside! It's a beautiful day!

♦ Going to a party? Leave a phone number in case I need to call.

♦ Going to a party? Who's going to be there?

♦ Going to a party? Will the parents be home?

♦ How do you know you don't like it if you haven't tasted it?

♦ I brought you into this world, and I can take you right back out!

♦ I can't believe you can sleep in this filth!

♦ I didn't ask who put it there, I said "Pick it up!"

♦ I don't care what "everyone" is doing. I care what YOU are doing!

♦ I don't have to explain myself. I said no.

♦ I hope someday you have children just like you.

♦ I just want what's best for you.

♦ I will always love you - no matter what.

♦ If God had wanted you to have holes in your ears (eyebrows, tongue, etc.) He would have put them there!

♦ If it were a snake, it would have bitten you.

♦ If wishes were horses...

♦ If you could stay out last night, you can get up this morning.

♦ If you don't do it NOW, then when are you going to do it?

♦ If you stick your tongue out again it will fall off.

♦ If you're too sick to go to school, you're too sick to play outside.

♦ I'm doing this for your own good.

♦ I'm going to skin you alive!

♦ I'm not going to ask you again.

♦ I'm not your cleaning lady!

♦ I'm not your waitress!

♦ Isn't it past your bedtime?

♦ It's not that I don't trust you, it's that I don't trust everyone else.

♦ Life isn't fair.

♦ Look at me when I'm talking to you.

♦ Money does NOT grow on trees.

♦ No child of MINE would do something like that.

♦ Nobody asked you.

♦ Over my dead body!

♦ Pick that up before somebody trips on it and breaks their neck!

♦ Pick up your feet.

♦ Put that down! You don't know where it's been!

♦ Say that again and I'll wash your mouth out with soap.

♦ Shut the door! I'm not heating (air conditioning) the entire neighborhood!

♦ Shut your mouth and eat.

♦ So it's raining? You're not sugar -- you won't melt.

♦ So what if Bob's mom let him do it? If Bob's mom let him jump off the Empire State Building, would you want me to let you do it too?

♦ Someone is going to end up crying.

♦ There's enough dirt in those ears to grow potatoes!

♦ This hurts me more than it hurts you.

♦ Turn that racket (music) down!

♦ Watch your mouth!

♦ Well, I haven't figured out how to cook "cold" yet.

♦ Well, people in Hell want ice water too!

♦ What did I say the FIRST time?

♦ What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?

♦ What part of NO don't you understand?

♦ When I was a little girl...

♦ When I was young we had respect for our elders, now look at the world!

♦ When I was your age, I had to walk ten miles through the snow, uphill, by myself, to go to school.

♦ When will you be back?

♦ When you have your own house then you can make the rules!

♦ Where do YOU think you're going?

♦ Who died and left you boss?

♦ Who do you think you're talking to?

♦ Who taught you THAT? You didn't learn that in this house!

♦ Wipe your feet!

♦ You can't find it? Well, I can't find it for you - I didn't wear it!

♦ You can't find it? Well, I can't find it for you - I'm not the maid!

♦ You can't find it? Well, if you'd put things where they belonged, you wouldn't have this problem.

♦ You can't find it? Well, where did you leave it last?

♦ You can't start the day on an empty stomach.

♦ You don't always get what you want. It's a hard lesson, but you might as well learn it now.

♦ You have an answer for everything, don't you?

♦ You kids are trying to drive me crazy!

♦ You must think rules are made to be broken.

♦ You won't be happy until you break that, will you?

♦ You'll understand when you're older.

♦ A little soap & water never killed anybody.

♦ Always wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident.

♦ Answer me when I ask you a question!

♦ Are you going out dressed like that?

♦ Are your hands broken? Pick it up yourself! I'm not your maid!

♦ Be good.

♦ Bored! How can you be bored? I was never bored at your age.

♦ Clean up after yourself!

♦ Cupcakes are NOT a breakfast food!

♦ Did you clean your room?

♦ Did you flush?

♦ Do you live to annoy me?

♦ Do you think this is a hotel? You can't just come here only to sleep.

♦ Don't ask me WHY. The answer is NO.

♦ Don't cross your eyes or they'll freeze that way.

♦ Don't EVER let me catch you doing that again!

♦ Don't make me come in there!

♦ Don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been.

♦ Don't run with a lollipop in your mouth.

♦ Don't stay up too late!

♦ Don't use that tone with me!

♦ Don't you have anything better to do?

♦ Go ask your father.

♦ Go to your room and think about what you did!

♦ How can you have nothing to wear? Your closet is FULL of clothes!

♦ How many times do I have to tell you?

♦ I can always tell when you're lying.

♦ I can't believe you did that!

♦ I don't buy snacks to feed the neighborhood!

♦ I don't care who started it, I said stop!

♦ I don't care who started it, YOU stop it!

♦ I don't know is NOT an answer.

♦ I hope you don't kiss me with that mouth!

♦ I said CLOSE the door, I did not say SLAM it.

♦ I would have never talked to MY mother like that!

♦ If I catch you doing that one more time, I'll...

♦ If I want your opinion I'll ask for it!

♦ If I've told you once ... I've told you a thousand times.

♦ If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

♦ If you don't clean your plate, you won't get any dessert.

♦ If you don't stop crying, I am going to give you something to cry about!

♦ If you're too full to finish your dinner, you're too full for dessert.

♦ I'll treat you like an adult when you start acting like one.

♦ I'm going to give you until the count of three...

♦ I'm not always going to be around to do these things for you.

♦ I'm not running a taxi service.

♦ I'm not your maid!

♦ Is your homework finished?

♦ It's no use crying over spilt milk.

♦ I've had it up to here with you.

♦ Leave your sister (brother) alone!

♦ Little pitchers have big ears.

♦ Look at this room! It looks like a pigsty!

♦ Never try on anyone else's glasses or you'll go blind.

♦ No, I don't know where your socks are, its not my day to watch them!

♦ Now, come back downstairs and go back up WITHOUT stomping your feet!

♦ Now, say you're sorry...and MEAN it!

♦ Running away? Don't let the door hit you in the rear.

♦ Running away? I'll help you pack.

♦ Running away? Is that a threat or a promise?

♦ Some day you will thank me for this. SMACK!!!

♦ Someday your face will freeze like that

♦ The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

♦ Think of those poor starving children in India... (or China, or Africa.)

♦ Turn off that light. Do you think we own the electric company?

♦ Watch your language!

♦ Well, people in Hades want ice water, but do you see me with a PITCHER?

♦ Were you born in a barn? Close the door -- and DON'T slam it!

♦ What do you think, money grows on trees?

♦ What kind of a grade is that? You could do much better!

♦ When did your last slave die?

♦ When I was your age...

♦ When you have kids of your own you'll understand.

♦ Where are you going?

♦ Who are you going with? Do I know them?

♦ Who do you think you are?

♦ Who said life was going to be easy?

♦ Why? Because I SAID so, that's why!

♦ You are getting on my last nerve.

♦ You can go out to play...after you brush your teeth and comb your hair.

♦ You can go out to play...after you pick up your room.

♦ You can go out to play...after you've done your homework.

♦ You can't judge a book by its cover.

♦ You could grow potatoes in those ears!

♦ You could have called.

♦ You had better wipe that smile off your face before I do it for you.

♦ You just ate an hour ago!

♦ You made your bed, now lie in it.

♦ You should have that phone surgically implanted in your ear.

♦ You WILL eat it, and you WILL like it!

♦ You'd forget your head if it wasn't attached to your shoulders!

♦ You will ALWAYS be my baby.

♦ You're going to put your eye out with that thing!

♦ Your father is going to hear about this when HE gets home!

♦ You're the oldest. You should know better.






(Posted on FB Monday, February 16, 2009 at 2:31pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment